We will submit insurance claims for you. Your insurance company, including Workers’ Compensation, auto and personal injury, is legally responsible to you. Our relationship is with you, our patient, not your insurance company. Consequently, all charges incurred are your responsibility. The obligation to assure payment in a timely manner lies with you regardless of what your insurance company chooses to do. You should normally receive a response from your insurance company within 30 days of your date of service. If you experience a delay, it is expected that you contact your insurance company to check the status of your claim and to expedite payment. Please call our Business Office at 503-364-3704 if you encounter a problem with your insurance company and need our assistance.
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Northbank Surgical Center: facility fee
- Your anesthesiologist: his/her fee for the surgery
- Your surgeon's office: his/her fee for performing your surgery
- Your pathologist: services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination
- An extended home health care service
Please contact your insurance company directly if you experience any delays. YOU are responsible for guaranteeing payment on your account and being aware of your individual policy restrictions and benefits.